Know how to clean white tennis shoes without any hazard
White shoes are so classy to wear when they are brand new, but they can be filthy easily with regular wear & tear. In want of shiny kicks, they need to be cleaned often. Cleaning tennis shoes isn’t much different from the way you wash any white shoes. Here, I will discuss how to clean white tennis shoes & what are the requirements.
Using your hand to wash the shoes is the best way to keep the fabric in good condition. But it may not be the most uncomplicated technique as well. By the way, there are some solutions to make your work easier.
When it comes to how to clean white tennis shoes?
4 methods are most highlighted:
1: Cleaning with soapy water
At first, make a solution using dish soap with 1c (240 ml) warm water
Asking about which soap, then any dish soap will work. One teaspoon that is (4.9 ml) soap is enough to make the water sudsy with a transparent appearance. Stir the solution until the mixture is evenly mixed.
- It doesn’t matter with what materials your shoes are made of—soapy water effects on all kinds of shoes as well as white leather.
- If you have a shortage of dish soap or don’t want to use it, then ½ cup (120 ml) white vinegar will be your alternative.
Soles & rubber pieces
Use a magic eraser to do the job. Dip the eraser into the soapy water and squeeze it. Rub the eraser in a back & forth motion along with the leather, plastic and rubber parts of your shoes. Keep wiping in this way until all the scuffs, stains are gone.
- Magic erasers are available in the cleaning-section of the departmental store of your locality.
Scrubbing the stains
Use a stiff-bristled toothbrush for accomplishing the work. Dip the head of the brush into water and make it wet. Move the bristles in a circular motion over the stained areas of shoes. You need to do the work with slight pressure to preserve the quality of the fabric.
- In case, if your shoelaces are also stained, detach them from shoes and scrub with the toothbrush separately.
Patting the excess water
You can either use a cloth or paper towel for patting. You need to pat the excess soapy water & dirt out of the shoes. Remember that you need to pat not to wipe. Otherwise, the dust will be spread along with the fabric again.
- Your motive shouldn’t be drying the shoes entirely with a towel. This process is only for lifting off the extra cleaning mixture from the shoe surface.
After accomplishing patting, hang the shoes in a well-ventilated place for drying in the air completely. Leave the boots hanging for 2-3 hours.
- It is good to do the cleaning process at night, so you can have overnight to dry them.
2: Use of Bleach
After being done with making the mixture in a well-ventilated place, pour the solution in a small container. Avoid excess use of bleach, or else your shoe will have a yellowish tinge.
- In terms of white shoes, bleaches are the best choice.
- Bleach can be harsh to your skin, so be sure to use nitrile gloves.
Toothbrush for loosening the filth
Heavily stained places need to be brushed gently with the bleach solution. Again, remain cautious about the pressure. After a while, you will notice the stain to be lifted out.
- Soles are most likely to have the most deepen stains. Before moving to those hard stains, start from the shoe surface, having little dirt.
Use of a damp towel
For damping the shoe, use a soft towel made of microfiber and wipe gently.
- Removing the insoles from your shoes & then running the boots under the faucet is an excellent way to complete the process.
Drying the shoe
Like always, the last step is drying the shoes for 5-6 hours before wearing again.
- For drying the shoes speedily, you can also use a fan.
3: Baking soda- method
A mixture of baking soda, vinegar, and warm water is needed in this method. This mixture shouldn’t be dilute. Make the mix a little bit concentrated and turn into a paste.
Take one tablespoon (15 ml) of hot water, one tablespoon (15 ml) of white vinegar & 1 tablespoon (14 g) baking soda into a bowl, and stir it. Keep stirring until the mixture turns into a paste. The baking soda & vinegar would react, and due to the chemical reaction bubble will form.
- Baking soda works best on canvas, mesh, and fabric shoes.
- If the paste in kind of runny, add an extra teaspoon (5 g) of baking soda.
Like the above brushing methods, you have to brush the stains with slight pressure. The bristles need to be pressured lightly so that the fabric can absorb the paste. Cover all the exterior of the shoe with the dough.
After accomplishing the task wash, the bristles thoroughly to eschew dry paste on it.
Let it dry
The paste needs to be dried onto the shoe at least for 3 to 4 hours. For a hard dried paste, put the boots under sunlight. Within 3 to 4 hours, you might be able to scratch the hard dough with your fingernail.
- A well-ventilated place or sunny window can be the alternative to direct sunlight.
Clap the shoes
With the method of clapping or using a dry brush, the hard-paste on the shoe needs to be removed. Clapping the shoes means hitting the soles against one another. And for the excess dough after clapping, use the dry-hard brush to scrape them off.
At initial, the shoe needs to be damp, so use a cloth to do that
Use a microfiber cloth to make the shoe slightly damp but not wet. Otherwise, it will be challenging to form foam with the toothbrush.
- Use the toothbrush if your shoes are made of fabric or mesh. You can also use them on sneakers.
Rub toothpaste on the shoe
The amount of the paste must be equivalent to a pea-sized dab. Form a thin coat of dough and spread it all over the exterior surface. Start brushing the stains in small circulating motions. Keep rubbing the brush for 10 minutes without letting it dry.
- Ensure your paste is non-gel and white at the same time. Another color might leave any extra mark.
Wiping out the dirt
Wipe all the toothpaste and filth away from the shoe.
Dry the shoes for 2-3 hours in a well-ventilated place.
After accomplishing the above jobs, your shoes should be 1 or 2 shade lighter. Now, you are well known to the way of how to clean white tennis shoes. For any specific or exceptional problems, you may feel free to ask.